Meet our staff and elders! We're here to serve you.
Staff & Elders
Hub Blankenship, Jr.
- Planted the church in 1996
- Married to Brenda; 4 children: Hub III (Anni); Zac; Becklin (Frank); Breelyn; 3 beautiful granddaugthers
- In my free time I like to play golf and travel.
- One thing people may not know about me is that I have a strange compulsion to divide words by 3s in my mind to see if the sentence comes out even, plus 1, or plus 2...and I'm pretty good at it. (By the way, the previous sentence is plus 1!)
Next Steps Pastor
- Wife, Erin; daughter, Calli; son, John-David
- In my free time I like to take a walk with Erin, watch old movies or tv shows with my family, play ball in the yard with my kids, and cheer on the UNC Tar Heels in basketball.
- Something people may not know about me is that I’ve softened my stance on what qualifies as a dessert…it can now include things other than chocolate. (But brownies and ice cream is still my favorite)
Youth & College Pastor
- Joined the Milestones Staff in 2021
- I have 4 girls in my house. My wife Becklin, my daughters Rigsbee Sutton & Henree Grace, and our dog, Mellie.
- In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my family at the house and I like painting miniatures of Star Wars or Historical figures.
- One thing that most people don't know about me is that I have won two High School State and National 8-man Football Championships.
Director of Women's Ministry
- Joined Staff in 2000
- Married to Pastor Hub, with 4 brilliant children, Hub III, Zac, Becklin and Breelyn, 2, soon to be 3, wonderful in-loves, Anni, Frank and Kieffer, and 3 adorable grandgirls, Rigsbee, LJ and Henree Grace.
- I love to read, write, play piano, compose, speak to women about God's plan for our lives, and sit in the sun!
- Most people don't know that Leviticus has one of my favorite Bible verses: "All the fat belongs to the Lord." Leviticus 3:16
Children's & Preschool Director
- Been serving on staff since 2018
- I have been married to Jeremy since December 2007. We have two children. Our daughter Ashton was born in 2012 and our son Ellis was born in 2015.
- In my free time, I substitute teach at my children's school and spend my evenings and Saturdays watching Ashton play softball or Ellis at karate.
- One thing people may not know about me is that in high school, I was voted Most Dependable and Cutest, but had to choose one and pass the other to the runner-up. I went with Cutest. 🤣
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant
- Been serving on staff since 2022
- I have a daughter, Chelsea, and a son, Josh. He is married to Marlene and they have my 2 grandsons, Maddox and Fletcher.
- In my free time, you'll often find me outdoors! I enjoy gardening, yard work, camping, and exploring!
- Most people don't know that when summer comes, it's all fins, scales, and mermaid tails for me.
- Started serving as an elder in 2012.
- I am a Spanish professor at North Greenville University. I also serve as the Coordinator of the Spanish Education major and as Chair of the Department of Modern Languages and Linguistics.
- My wife, Amanda, is also a Spanish teacher, and we have been able to do a lot of traveling together. We’re able to bounce ideas off of each other for teaching our classes also. We have three terrific children: Juliana, Ian, and Sofia. They keep us busy and laughing.
- I believe that Milestones is a welcoming church that preaches the Gospel faithfully and consistently. People are urged to give Christ control of their lives and discover the plans that He has for them.
- Started serving as an elder in 2016.
- I am the Athletic Director at Spartanburg High School.
- I am married to Tracy. We have one son - Chase; a senior at SHS.
- One of my favorite things about Milestones is the sense and feeling of community and family you get.