DATE SENT: WEDNESDAY, MARCH 25
Hey Milestones Family,
Our scheduled monthly Night of Prayer is from 6:00-7:00 pm TONIGHT. Normally, we meet in the Worship Center, but tonight we are inviting you to join us in the parking lots of Milestones to “pray together.” We will be able to practice social distancing by remaining in our vehicles.
The idea is for families to come together and spend the hour or part of the hour praying. Park in any lot you desire, because it would be an awesome way to surround the church in prayer!
You can download the Prayer Requests sheet on our website. Go to the COVID-19 Update, and it will be the second bullet. If you prefer, you can pull up the Prayer Requests sheet on your phone. Or, if you want to get your children involved, we will have copies of the Prayer Requests sheet located on the bench outside the door closest to Common Grounds on the Lower Campus. Let your child jump out and get a sheet and return to the vehicle.
When you finish praying,
and as you are leaving, give a couple of honks of your horn as an “Amen”
and an encouragement to everyone present that we are praying for one
If you can't join us at church, please download the Prayer Requests sheet and pray wherever you are during the 6:00-7:00 hour tonight.
The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.James 5:16 (NASB)
DATE SENT: MONDAY, MARCH 23
Hey Milestones Family,
I want to update you on what’s happening at Milestones Church and keep you up to speed on how we can connect with each other during these days of social distancing and uncertainty.
First of all, our staff just finished meeting (online) this morning, and we prayed for you! We are keeping all of you in our prayers, and we want to be of any help we can. I just want you know that you are loved and missed, and you matter to us!
There are several ways for us to connect this week, so let me catch you up on these opportunities:
- This Tuesday night, March 24 (tomorrow), at 7:00 p.m. I will be on Facebook Live for another devotion. I’d love for you to join me for a brief time of encouragement from God’s Word. If you can’t join us live, you can always tune in later. The link will remain up on our Milestones Facebook page.
- This Wednesday night, March 25, is our monthly Night of Prayer. We will post all of the prayer requests on our website (www.milestoneschurch.com) by Wednesday afternoon. Our scheduled time for the Night of Prayer is 6:00-7:00 pm. If you can pray during that time, we can join together in prayer for that hour. If not, take some time on your own to lift up those prayer requests and others that you know about. This has been a powerful time at the Worship Center in January and February, and I know it will be no different doing it remotely this month.
- This Thursday night, March 26, Michael Keel will bring us a word from God’s Word on Facebook Live at 7:00 pm. This is just another opportunity for us to connect with the church, and we are thankful for the technology we have to access one another during the COVID-19 days.
- You can go ahead and mark your calendars for a Facebook Live devotion each Tuesday and Thursday at 7:00 pm until the guidelines about social distancing are loosened or changed. We will stay in touch with you, and we will be praying for you!
- Parents of preschoolers and children ages K5-5th grade can check our Facebook page and our website for activities to do with your kids. Liza and Amber will give you resources and ideas of ways to keep your kids focused on God and His power over all the universe! Remember, we are walking in faith, not fear! Let’s model that for our kids!
I hope you were able to tune in to the service yesterday either from our church app, website, or Facebook Live. If so, you heard me mention the carpet removal project. We decided this morning to delay that project until the social distancing guidelines and recommendations are loosened. We want to comply with everything our governmental authorities are asking us to do, and we don’t want to put others or ourselves at risk by calling people together unnecessarily.
As I have been praying for you, I have been reminded that some of you may needs that you cannot meet. If you are in need of food or meds or anything else that is absolutely necessary for your health and/or survival during this Coronavirus pandemic, please call the church office, 864-583-1403, and let us know. Although the church office is closed indefinitely, the voicemail comes straight to us in the form of a text. That will allow us to respond to you as quickly as possible.
Finally, I want to thank you for being faithful in your giving. I realize that some of you are learning to give in a different manner than usual, but the fact that you’re continuing to give is what’s more important! You can give online at any time by going to our website, www.milestoneschurch.com, or the church app (Put “Milestones Church” into the search bar on the App Store in your smartphone.) You can also mail a check to Milestones Church, 885 Simuel Road, Spartanburg, SC 29301.The church is counting on you to keep up your giving so we can keep up with our ministries to you and our community. Thank you for your faithfulness!
Instead of this one-way communication through this email, I’d love to hear back from some of you. How are you doing? What are you doing to pass the time? What are you doing to stay strong physically and spiritually? Do you have other suggestions for how we can connect with you? Do you have specific prayer requests?
It’s good to “talk” with you this morning! Stay safe, stay home as much as possible, and keep washing your hands. We’re going to get through this together in God’s time and in His strength!