A NOTE FROM PASTOR HUB
Hey Milestones Family,
I can't believe it has been 25 years since we stated our church back in 1996! It has been quite a ride, and God has done some amazing things among us. We are going to celebrate those milestones and all He has done for us over the years on November 7. We would love to have—and need—your help. I hope ALL of you will make your plans to join us for our 25th Anniversary Celebration Service on November 7.
Would you be willing to share your memories on a short video? If so, simply fill in this statement: "My favorite memory of Milestones is...."
Obviously, that includes anything that happened before 2009 when we changed our name from Spartanburg Community Church to Milestones Church. We simply want you to share something God did in your life or the lives of your family members and/or friends. It also could include anything that touched your life while you were at Milestones. Let me give you a few examples using some of your previous testimonies:
- My favorite memory of Milestones is...my children being baptized.
- My favorite memory of Milestones is...
a former client was invited to church, and somehow she found her way to
Milestones. She is now saved and a member here, and that's great!("It
just so happened!")
- My favorite memory of Milestones is... Ladies Night Out and the way it has always touched my life.
- My favorite memory of Milestones is... the day you baptized a friend of mine at the service at the lake and how clearly you shared the Gospel that day with everyone who was there. What a moving time that was!"
- My favorite memory of Milestones is... my friend came to know Christ through this church."
Please use the following guidelines when shooting your video:
After you have recorded your video, please email it to email@example.com. We would like
to receive your video by October 24, 2021
- Video should be 30 seconds or less
- Try to do 2 takes so we can choose the best one
- Shoot the video in “landscape” orientation
- Make sure you have good lighting. Outdoor lighting on a non-windy, overcast day is the best, but just be sure subject’s face is well lit
- Practice what you will say once or twice before you record for best results
- We only need chest/shoulders up for the video
- Speak slowly and clearly
- If you are using more than one person to speak in the video, make sure it is under 30 seconds. If not, please make separate video
Now, let me ask one more favor of you. Please post/share URL TO Facebook, Instagram, or any other social media so that we can spread the word.
We would LOVE to have responses from people who have been involved at
Milestones from 1996 to 2021.
By the way, it is necessary for everyone to purchase tickets in advance for our BBQ lunch after the service on November 7.
Tickets are only $5.00 each, and children 3 and under are free. You can do that by clicking HERE.
Again, I hope ALL of you will make your plans to join us for our 25th Anniversary Celebration Service on November 7.